Nepafenac Ophthalmic – belongs to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) class which is used for the treatment of eye-related problems including eye irritation, pain, and redness that occurs after a cataract eye surgery. Eye-related problems are common and almost every third person is suffering from problems related to the eyes. The continuous use of mobiles, laptops, computers, televisions, etc has increased the problems related to the eyes. The problem has become serious and it needs to be cured. The action of prostaglandin H synthase is blocked with the help of this eye drop.
Being a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) the eye drop helps in curing a person of eye-related problems such as pain and inflammation in the eyes. The medication is prescribed by doctors, healthcare professionals, etc. The person should use this eye drop only after consulting the doctor. This medication is used only for the outer purposes of the eye in the form of eye drops. After instilling the eye drops the person can suffer some side effects which can either be normal or serious. But the person should get worried as the side effects will disappear gradually. The person should consult the doctor if the side effects or the use of this eye drop is making him uncomfortable.
Medical Benefits Of Nepafenac Ophthalmic Suspension
The use of this medication provides relief to people suffering from eye-related problems such as irritation, pain, and redness. Usually, the medication provides relief from the eye pain and the inflammation that occurs after the surgery. The risk of macular edema which occurs after cataract eye surgery is relieved with the help of this medication.
- The pain and the swelling that occur after the cataract surgery are treated when the combination of these eye drops is instilled in the eyes by the person.
- Various bacterial infections occur in the eyes. So, the instilling of eye drops in the eyes helps the person in treating bacterial infections.
- This medication helps block UV radiation entering the eye.
Directions of Use
- It is recommended to consult the doctor before instilling the combination of this eye drop in the eyes.
- The doctor will examine the health of the person before prescribing the dose of the eye drop.
- The dose of the eye drops is based on the medical condition of the person.
- One should apply this medication only to the affected eye on the day of surgery and after the surgery. The contract lenses should be removed for the use of this medication.
- Also, the patient should not wear the contact lenses for at least 15 minutes after the use of this medication.
- Moreover, The person should tilt his head back and should instill the eye drop with the help of the dropper without touching the eyes.
- Lastly, this medicine should be instilled in the lower eyelid and the person should wipe off the extra liquid that flows out of the eyes.
Side Effects Of Nepafenac Ophthalmic
Although the use of this medication is suggested by the doctor after examining the medical condition of the person. Still, after the use of this medication, certain side effects can occur. The most common side effects will disappear gradually but in some persons, the side effects can persist and can make the person uncomfortable. If the person thinks that the side effects are making him uncomfortable then he should consult the doctor immediately. The common side effects which can occur are as follows :
- decreased vision
- watery eyes
- increased intraocular pressure
Safety and Precautions To Be Taken
There are some precautions that the person should take care during and before the use of this medication. The person should consider the precautions seriously, otherwise, the medication will show its negative effects and the person can suffer from various eye problems. Following are the precautions that the person should take care before and during the use of this medication :
- Before the use of this medication, the person should tell the doctor if he is allergic to the supplements or the ingredients of the medication. If the person is allergic then unwanted reactions can occur in the eyes.
- Before the use of this medication, the person should tell the doctor about the medical history including dry eye syndrome, arthritis, diabetes, etc.
- While instilling the eye drops in the eyes the person should not consume alcohol that may interact with this medication
- The person should avoid driving as the vision is affected by the use of this medication
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question – Is the use of this medication safe for people suffering from liver and kidney disease?
Answer – Yes, the use of this medication is safe for people suffering from liver and kidney disease, but only if recommended by the doctor.
Question – Can the pregnant woman use the medication?
Answer – Yes, pregnant women can use the medication under the prescription of the doctor. It is advised to use this medication only for the first 6 months of the pregnancy. The woman should not use the medication during the last 3 months of the pregnancy as harm can be caused to the fetus.