Fluorometholone Eye Drops | A Brief
FLUROKICK is the fusion of Fluorometholone Eye Drops which are linked with the class of pharma drugs called steroids. They are used to treat the problem of swelling and redness in the eyes that may have been caused due to an infection or allergy. The eye swelling, redness, or inflammation that may be there due to eye injuries or surgery is also resolved by using it. This ophthalmic solution is also used to treat inflammation of parts of the conjunctiva like the palpebral conjunctiva and bulbar conjunctiva.
Fluorometholone Eye Drops work by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers called prostaglandins that are responsible for causing issues such as redness and swelling. Basically, the production of certain chemicals that are responsible for causing the problem of inflammation in the eyes. Fluorometholone binds itself with the receptors and then controls the production of certain chemicals that are responsible for mediating infections in the body. The inflammatory reactions like swelling, fibrin deposition, capillary dilatation, and phagocyte migration are stopped by it.
What are the uses of Fluorometholone Eye Drops?
- Being a synthetic glucocorticoid it is very effective in the treatment of inflammatory eye diseases.
- Various symptoms of eye problems such as redness and swelling are solved by using it.
- All kinds of eye injuries are resolved by using it.
Some Common Side Effects of Using Fluorometholone Eye Drops
Fluorometholone Eye Drops can cause some common side effects that aren’t major in nature as they go away with time. A doctor should be contacted right away if they don’t go away in time.
- Eye irritation
- Burning sensation
- Watery eyes
Directions For Use | Fluorometholone Eye Drops
- Shake the bottle well before instilling it into the eyes.
- After instilling these eye drops one should not wear contact lenses immediately and should wait for at least 30 minutes.
- The eyes should be kept closed for around 5 minutes after using them.
- Proper consultation should be done with the doctor for the usage of this medication.
- The dropper should be held closely near the eyes without touching them and then it should be instilled gently.
- The complete treatment should be completed which is prescribed by the doctor so that the individual gets due benefits from this eye drop.
- The hands should be cleaned and completely dried so that there remains no chance of an infection being spread.
- Gentle pressure should be applied near the corner of the eye for about 1 minute.
- In case another eye medication is to be used, one must wait for around 10-15 minutes.
Safety Precautions Taken While Using Fluorometholone Eye Drops
- If the individual using this medication is having any other health issues then a doctor should be contacted right away.
- Using this eye drop may be unsafe during pregnancy so proper consultation should be done with the concerned doctor regarding the same.
- After using this ophthalmic solution the eyesight of the individual might get blurry so precaution is needed regarding the same.
- In case the individual doesn’t get any benefits from the usage of this medication a healthcare expert should be contacted right away.
- Using this eye drop for more than the prescribed time period may cause glaucoma or secondary infection.
- One should try to finish the bottle within 4 weeks of its opening.
- Before using these eye drops let the doctor know if the patient is allergic to them.
- Special attention must be paid if the individual has any other medical eye condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – Can I stop using Fluorometholone Eye Drops on my own?
Answer – Stopping Fluorometholone Eye Drops without visiting your doctor is not suggested since it may exacerbate the infection. As a result, take the medicine for as long as your doctor has given it, and contact your doctor if you have any problems while taking the drops.
Question – How do Fluorometholone Eye Drops work?
Answer – These eye drops contain Fluorometholone which is a type of corticosteroid that acts by preventing the production of chemical messengers that produce redness, irritation, and swelling in the eye.
Question – Is it fine to use other eye drops along with Fluorometholone Eye Drops?
Answer – It is recommended that you wait at least 5 minutes before using Fluorometholone Eye Drops with other eye drops. Please consult a doctor before combining these drops with any other medications.
Question – Can I wear contact lenses while using Fluorometholone Eye Drops?
Answer – When using Fluorometholone Eye Drops, it is not recommended that you wear contact lenses. It is recommended that you remove your contact lenses before administering the drops and re-insert them after 15 minutes.
Question – Do fluorometholone Eye Drops cause blurry vision?
Answer – Fluorometholone Eye Drops may cause transient blurring of vision following application. As a result, it’s best to avoid driving or operating machinery until your vision is clear.