What are the Uses of Chloramphenicol Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment?
BRISCHLOR-H Eye Ointment is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis or pink eye. It’s a combination of two medicines namely Chloramphenicol and Hydrocortisone out of which Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic that prevents the growth of the bacteria as it stops the synthesis of essential proteins that the bacteria requires for its growth. Hydrocortisone is a steroid medicine and it blocks the production of some chemical messengers that are responsible for causing redness, swelling, and itching after an allergy or infection.
Chloramphenicol and hydrocortisone Acetate Eye Ointment are very effective in providing relief from various types of bacterial infections. Both of its ingredients work collectively to provide relief from various symptoms associated with bacterial infections. Chloramphenicol and Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment reduces itching, discomfort, and swelling (inflammation) of the eye by calming down the body’s immunological reaction. Chloramphenicol is bacteriostatic, meaning it prevents germs from growing by preventing the creation of key proteins that bacteria need to develop, replicate, and multiply.
List of some common Side Effects of Chloramphenicol Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment
This medication is very safe to be used but in case they cause any kind of side effects a doctor’s advice should be taken. Following are some of its possible side effects.
- Burning sensation in the eye
- Stinging in the eyes
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
- Eyelid swelling
- Increased sensitivity to light
Experiencing these side effects after using Brischlor-H is rare. However, if you still face any of these above-mentioned symptoms, stop taking the ointment and consult the doctor.
Precautions before start using Chloramphenicol Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment
- This ointment is for external use only and the dose and the duration of the treatment will be directed by the concerned healthcare expert. This must be used with clean hands and it should be gently placed under the lower eyelid. After using this ointment the individual should not do any activity that requires attention.
- Long-term usage of Chloramphenicol with Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment can produce intraocular pressure (glaucoma), which can damage the optic nerve, cause visual field abnormalities, and reduce visual acuity. As a result, intraocular pressure must be monitored on a regular basis.
- If you are allergic to hydrocortisone, chloramphenicol, or any of the other ingredients in this medicine, you should not use Chloramphenicol and Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment. If you have viral corneal diseases, eye infections caused by mycobacteria, or children under the age of three, do not use the ointment.
- It is recommended that you wait at least 10 minutes before applying Chloramphenicol and Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment and other eye drops, and then apply eye ointments last.
- It is not suggested that you discontinue using Chloramphenicol and Hydrocortisone Eye Ointment without first consulting your doctor, since this may increase eye pressure and cause vision loss. As a result, use it for as long as your doctor has given it, and visit your doctor if you have any problems while taking it.
Get Quality Chloramphenicol and hydrocortisone Acetate Eye Ointment
Eyeris Vision Care, one of the leading top-notch Pharma companies in India is conceived as the best Chloramphenicol and hydrocortisone Acetate Eye Ointment manufacturer and supplier in India. Being the industry leader we use top-quality raw material that is derived from our trusted sources which ensure that the end customer will get the best possible solutions for all of their problems. Each and every effort of our firm is directed towards giving better products over time to all of our associates. The research department of our organization makes use of the latest technologies to find new compositions that will solve various Eye-related problems.